We have excellent expertise and excellent references in the food industry, in which we were the first to adopt Lean principles. The procedural environment provides the flexibility to increase efficiency. Only the specialists with practical knowledge of the industry can succeed in using industry standards (best practices).
Increasing costs of raw materials and personnel cost pressure
The costs of raw materials are continually increasing and these are considerable cost drivers in the total cost of manufacturing. The companies in the food industry are in a state of continuous change as a result of the intensifying pressure on margins and pressure on prices from the trade (discounters). A growing market consolidation of the manufacturers of food products results in additional pressure for action. External personnel services have been and are increasingly being used in the environment of personnel cost pressure, which presents the operative organization with some great challenges.
The highest demands and legal requirements for hygiene (HACCP, IFS) with regard to product liability
The food industry is subjected to particular dangers and risks from the value chain (from the raw materials of the initial supplier to a pallet delivered by the haulage contractor). Customer complaints mean significant damage to the company's image on the market. The highest demands for freshness (MHD), product quality, organic raw materials and hygiene requirements must be considered.
Increasing complexity as a result of distributed international value chains
Production service providers (co-packers) can play a key role in concentrating on the core business and offer high commercial rationalization potentials. However, the transfer of products to co-packers may present them with new challenges with regard to reliably manufacturing the transferred extra quantities in accordance with the highest quality requirements and to schedule. Furthermore, the raw material flows are increasingly becoming more international and have to be organized for the purposes of the overall logistics chain, in order to ensure the availability of raw materials.
We can assist you professionally with strategic issues:
- Restructuring of organizations as a result of changed general conditions or long-standing structures
- Assessment and restructuring of departments (e.g. QC, laboratories, production, technology)
Strategy consulting and effective management
- Concerted development of end-to-end strategies to provide for the future of companies
- Effective value driver-oriented management processes, also as part of an integrated management system
Increasing efficiency as a program
- Implementation of simple and efficient processes in the following areas: production, administration, logistics, maintenance, purchasing, quality management
We can assist you professionally with operational issues:
- Factory planning with regard to lean flow of material, strategic master plan (factory investment), project management support
- Improvement in the raw material efficiency, yield optimization, increase in the material efficiency, reduction in the raw material losses, minimization of raw material losses
- Efficiency increase in manufacture and packaging:
- Industrialization in the manufacturing areas
- Shortening of the changeover times
- Reduction in the cleaning times
- Improvement of the manufacturing standards and the weighing of flavorings